The Singapore Space Challenge (SSC) is an annual prestigious national design competition that challenges student teams to design realistic Space-related and high-technology complex projects. It is organized by the Singapore Space & Technology Association.
Singapore Space Challenge
The objectives of the Challenge are to:
- Inspire space interests among youths and encourage participation in space-related activities
- Ignite and fuel the young generation’s interest in STEM through SSC’s exciting and out-of-the-world projects
- Encourage creative engineering concepts that furthers innovations and advancements in space and non-space developments
- Be a platform for students, academia and the industry to interact and align the technical and research areas
- Educate the public on the applications of space technology in our everyday lives
A thousand over youths aged between 15 to 24 years old have participated in the SSC since its inception in 2007. Working in teams to solve problems developed closely with the industry, the students are required to derive theoretical models and design prototypes and create a simulation of their creative solutions. The final entries are reviewed and judged by esteemed technical leaders from the respective fields.