Mr Jonathan Hung
Executive Chairman, Singapore Space and Technology Ltd
Mr. Hung is Executive Chairman of Singapore Space and Technology Limited (SSTL), Singapore’s lead, industry organisation focused on developing the space technology industry. SSTL was previously Singapore Space and Technology Association (SSTA, estd. 2007), which he served as Founder and President.
SSTL supports all elements of space and astronautics activity in Singapore, ranging from engagements with foreign space agencies, working with space industry chiefs and top research organisations spanning the globe. It also supports a range of start-ups, innovators and venture capitalists through its two deep-tech accelerators, and provides technical training to companies entering the industry.
His international work experience includes management roles with the Rheinmetall-Contraves Group, CAE Inc., ST Engineering Electronics and Flex, where he’s credited for establishing and leading their successful Advanced Innovation Centre in Asia.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Hung was in government service as Centre Director for Middle East & North Africa Operations at the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB). Whilst at HQ EDB, he handled portfolios in aerospace, marine/offshore and super yacht sectors. In particular, he led the development of the space incubator unit that is presently EDB’s space office.
Mr. Hung currently serves on the Board of Synspective Pte. Ltd. (world’s fastest and Japan’s second highest funded space startup), International Lunar Observatory Association, and is an ExCom Member of JAXA’s Asia Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum.
He also serves as:
- Co-Chair, Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) Aerospace Technology & Engineering Conference – Singapore Airshow
- Managing Partner, Project Cyclotron (deep-tech accelerator/fund tied with Cap Vista, strategic investment arm of Singapore’s Defence Science & Tech Agency)
- Member, Airbus STAR Programme
- Member, Singapore Tourism Board CAP
- Programme Evaluator, Engineering Accreditation Board IES
- Impact Partner, Fresco Capital
- Advisory Board Member, Space Generation Advisory Council
- Advisor, Transcelestial Technologies Pte. Ltd.
- Advisor, NUSpace Pte. Ltd.
Jonathan graduated Magna Cum Laude from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, double majoring in Aerospace Science and Aviation Business Administration.