Once you’ve submitted your APK file, your mobile app concept will be judged on the following:
1. Creative (20% of overall score)
- Is it different from mobile apps currently available?
2. User Interface and Quality of Experience (20% of overall score)
- Is the app polished? Is the interface clear and simple? Does the app crash? Does the app work in a way the user would expect?
3. Effectiveness (30% of overall score)
- Does it communicate efficiently and effectively?
4. Presentation Video (30% of overall score)
- The ideal time for the video is 3 – 5 minutes
- The content of the video should consist of:
- Description of the disaster scenario
- Description of the mobile app
- Explanation of the app’s ability to help in the identified scenario
- Customize the scenarios for role-playing in order to highlight or facilitate certain roles interaction. These scenarios should be realistic, practical, and comprehensive
- Bonus points will be awarded to teams who
- Mentioned the areas of improvement for the app, and
- Mentioned the other potential uses for the app. (for example, the app can be also used in a terrorist attack scenario).
5. 5 Bonus Points for teams that attended the Q&A Session