ActInSpace® is an international innovation contest initiated by the French Space Agency (CNES) uniting over 60 cities across 5 continents. ActInSpace® is supported by ESA and the ESA Business Incubation Centres network. ESA BIC Sud France, led by Aerospace Valley is in charge of the operational execution of ActInSpace® 3rd edition.
By taking part in ActInSpace®, you’ll be taking part in a truly international event bringing together entrepreneurs, students, job seekers, developers and creatives worldwide. For 24 hours, teams come together to work on real-life challenges alongside business mentors and technical experts and to imagine and design innovative services and products that find every day uses for space technologies or data.
And that’s just the beginning! The winning teams will proceed to the national and international finals to present their project to an international jury of experts on technology transfer and business development. All teams with promising projects will go on to receive guidance from ESA’s Business Incubation Centres and partner incubators to accelerate their project and turn their idea into a real company.
What are ActInSpace® key goals?
- We want to make people dream bigger and develop their entrepreneurial spirit, especially young people
- We aspire to show how the space sector is amazing and can positively impact on our daily life
- We’re driven to demonstrate the social economic potential of the space sector and its ability to boost startup creation
- We look to build a bridge between civil society and Space Agencies to make patent licensing more accessible
- We believe ‘women is space’ and want to encourage women to start technical companies
Are you prepared to take on the Challenge?
THE CHALLENGE’S LIST IS COMING SOON
Win your ticket for the weightlessness experience.
Flip Float and Soar, as if you were in space.
Airbus Entrepreneurship Prize
Voucher of 100k€ of satellite derived data and
Support for a start-up creation.
Airbus Innovation Prize
Pilot training on Airbus A320 simulator and visit of Airbus Defence & Space satellite integration room and 3D facilities
Prof Lui Pao Chuen
Advisor, National Research Foundation, Prime Minister’s Office
Mr Beh Kian Teik
Assistant Managing Director, Economic Development Board
Prof Paul Kewene-Hite
Professor for Entreprenuership, INSEAD