We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated marketing intern to join our growing marketing department. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in social media, content marketing and community engagement in the space tech industry, then we want to work with you. Your work will include preparing promotional presentations and other materials, website development, marketing analytics (including SEO / SEM), drafting copies for social media posts and press releases, monitoring social platforms, developing marketing / product videos, and conducting market analysis, for SSTL, as well as the space tech startups in SSTL’s Space Accelerator Programme.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. You should also be a keen learner when it comes to gaining industry-specific knowledge. The space industry is an exciting one, filled with endless possibilities. The innovative startups we work with are developing cutting edge technologies and products that will need help marketing, to increase their exposure to potential customers and partners in the industry. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms.
Job title: Marketing Intern (Startup)
Company: Singapore Space & Technology Ltd (SSTL)
Employment Type: Internship (6 months to 12 months)
Working Location: Tanglin Road
Interested parties, please email your CV to email@example.com.
However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and contacted.
Reports to: Head of Marketing
- (External) Sponsors, clients, and vendors
- (Internal) Chief Executive, Senior Director, Assistant Director, Events Manager, Finance
- Work closely with space tech startup founders to understand their technology
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations and other marketing materials.
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Draft copies for social media posts and press releases.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content
- Use data analytics tools to assess the effectiveness of a marketing campaign, and from there, either improve or revamp marketing strategy to achieve desired outcomes.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for marketing, communications or similar field.
- Keen learner, interested in the space industry and technology innovation.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms.
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for marketing.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities.
What you will learn
- Overview of the space and technology industry, and the various functions within the organisation
- Understand the role of marketing and communications in organisations
- Market research and its significance
- Various marketing & communications skills and functions, and the roles they play in target audience building and engagement
Past experience in a similar role is preferred.