Space Life Sciences
Space Life Sciences Research & Commercialisation Workshops (SLSRC)
The Space Life Sciences Research & Commercialisation Workshops (SLSRC) are a series of four closed-door virtual workshops intended to deep-dive into current topics in Space Life Sciences and its applications on Earth. It is part of a broader Space Life Science Symposium to be held in 2022.
SLSRC aims to raise awareness of the potential of Space Life Sciences for local research in Singapore’s biomedical & research community, build technical knowledge of existing resources in the Space Life Sciences domain and explore future possibilities in Space Life Sciences Experiments and international collaboration. The workshops will primarily engage the biomedical and space communities in cross-industry conversations and learning, inviting researchers and scientists from public institutions and space industry guests.
*This is a closed-door workshop with limited slots. Confirmed participants will receive individual log-in details in their emails.
NASA GeneLab & Space Genomics Experimental Design by Dr. Sylvain Costes
Panel: Opportunities & Challenges in Space Genomics Research
Launching in Feb 2022!
Space Life sciences challenge
The Space Life Sciences Challenge is a proposed annual design competition organized by Singapore Space and Technology Limited (SSTL). The outreach initiative aims to challenge researchers from academia, corporate, and start-ups to develop real-world solutions towards advancing space life science research and to propose novel ideas with translatable benefits to life on Earth and/or in space.
All times are local Singapore Time (GMT+8).
- 23 November 2021, 9am – 11:30am: Space Genomics & Astromedicine Workshop (SLSRC #1)
- 7 December 2021, 9am – 11:30am: Microgravity Design Thinking (SLSRC #2)
- 12 January 2021, 4pm – 6:30pm: Space Protein Crystallisation (SLSRC #3)
- 20 January 2021: 3D Bioprinting in Space (SLSRC #4)
- February 2022: Space Life Sciences Symposium at the Global Space & Technology Convention (GSTC)
- February 2022: Launch of Space Life Sciences Challenge